Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Calling Max Headroom

Whatever happened to Max Headroom? Children of the 1990s (better known as the Millenials) will not have any memory of this artificial intelligence creation of the 1980s which embodied the panache, swagger and self-absorption of that decade, but I find myself missing him (it?). He had a certain character that I liked and despite the plethora of über high-tech video games and AI personalities, Max Headroom still stands out. Why? I am not sure, but it might be because I am in a reminiscent mood missing the 1980s. I remember when I first saw him (it) years ago, I was in awe of how 'high-tech' he (it) was. Little did I know that the video games we see now are light-years ahead of what Max Headroom represented, but there is still something there that just won't go away. I can't put my finger on it, but in any case, it is always  nice to revisit the 1980s. Check out Max in action in the Art of Noise classic "Paranoimia."




No comments:

Post a Comment