Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Police Perspective

It is easy to issue a blanket condemnation of the police in light of the events of Ferguson, Missouri, but in the name of perspective we really need to see the police side of things. They are after all, human. I think if someone attacked me and I had a gun, I probably would shoot; it is a natural reflex. I think ultimately, the blame rests with both Michael Brown and the police officer who shot him in self-defense, Darren Wilson. They both took actions without considering the consequences and now one person is dead and the life/career of the other is being scrutinized in such a fashion that he will never be the same again.

Here is a nice infographic that illustrates how police feel about how justice is meted out in the US. What do you think? I have used the image from the website Policy.Mic which features an excellent take on how the police mindset has changed in recent times.

No comments:

Post a Comment