Friday, December 24, 2010

A John Keats poem

John Keats, by William Hilton (died 1839). See...                                      Image via Wikipedia
If you have been following my blog, then you will know that I like to post poems. Today, while at the library, I came across this beautiful poem by John Keats (1795-1821), a very well-known British poet. This piece resonated with me because I always try to reflect on each moment. Life does go by quickly and I try to enjoy every bit of it. Enjoy this John Keats gem.







When I have Fears that I may Cease to Be                                       

When I have fears that I may cease to be
    Before my pen has glean'd my teeming brain,
Before high-piled books, in charactery,
    Hold like rich garners the full ripen'd grain;
When I behold, upon the night's starr'd  face,
    Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,
And think that I may never live to trace
    Their shadows, with the magic hand of chance;
And when I feel, fair creature of an hour,
    That I shall never look upon thee more,
Never have relish in the faery power
    Of unreflecting love;--then on the shore
Of the wide world I stand alone, and think
Till love and fame to nothingness do sink.







Enhanced by Zemanta


No comments:

Post a Comment