Wednesday, May 2, 2012

First Ever Telephone Prank

These days no one gives much thought to telephones anymore. It is hardly surprising given the plethora of devices to communicate with others. I used to play telephone pranks when I was younger (scroll down), and so I was curious to know when the first practical joke on the phone was made. Voila! Paul Collins, the literary detective, discovered evidence of a phone prank pulled in 1884. Check out the article via this link: First Recorded Evidence of a Prank Phone Call 1884.

Here is telephone prank I played way back in 1994. Since everyone has a cell phone these days, this prank should be considered extinct. I have changed the names to protect the innocent.

Ring, Ring, Ring

TOM answers the phone:  X, it's for you (when in fact the phone call was really for Y)

X (slowly moves to the phone): Hello?

CALLER ON THE PHONE: Y? How are you? I have some items I would like to go over with you.

X: No, this is X....somebody said the phone was for me. (Hangs up when Y picks up the receiver on the other line).

TOM: ..........

X (face red with rage, veins throbbing on his neck): (looks at TOM)... If you ever do that again, I am going to f%%^*&@ kill you!! (dramatically points his index finger at TOM)

No comments:

Post a Comment