Friday, March 12, 2010

The 3 Iranian Sopranos

A friend of mine posted the link to the Three Iranian Sopranos on his Facebook wall and when I visited it and heard their songs, I was completely blown away by the beauty and grace of their virtuosity. All I could say was WOW!! For me listening to a song in Portuguese is an incredibly powerful and emotional feeling. I now have that same feeling listening to Farsi. 

Check out the Three Iranian Sopranos website to learn more about them and to hear their performances. It is well worth it. In this day and age where the US media consistently portrays Iran in a negative light, here is a story that will debunk the false notion that Iran is a backward, culturally bereft country. 

Spread the word. I have been e-mailing some of our congressmen to let them know about the Three Iranian Sopranos. Since most of our congressmen have never traveled in their lives, we must bring international culture to their door and remind them that Iran offers many positive contributions to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment